Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery - New MacBook Pro

I just bought a MacBook Pro about 3 hours ago and when I first opened it, my battery was at 97%. I put the laptop to sleep and closed it. Not only 30 minutes pass when I open it again and its now at 40%. Should I be concerned?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 3:32 AM

You should always be sure the macbook is fully charged for at least 4-6 hours before using; and leave on the power adapter after that time, to be sure the battery does not go flat. And use the AC-DC adapter to power your portable mac, whenever you have mains power available; keep the battery alive, do not let it go flat.

• About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

To run the portable's battery flat or dead is asking for trouble.

The cycle-count can be kept Low and overall battery life lengthened for much longer ~ if you seek information and follow it near religiously. Several important details are among sub-links within above Support article. Also seek the companion article for maintaining the power adapter and if it's magsafe, keep the port free of debris; and be careful to avoid rough handling.

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2019 3:32 AM in response to Papetty

You should always be sure the macbook is fully charged for at least 4-6 hours before using; and leave on the power adapter after that time, to be sure the battery does not go flat. And use the AC-DC adapter to power your portable mac, whenever you have mains power available; keep the battery alive, do not let it go flat.

• About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

To run the portable's battery flat or dead is asking for trouble.

The cycle-count can be kept Low and overall battery life lengthened for much longer ~ if you seek information and follow it near religiously. Several important details are among sub-links within above Support article. Also seek the companion article for maintaining the power adapter and if it's magsafe, keep the port free of debris; and be careful to avoid rough handling.

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

Battery - New MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.