Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not synching playlists from my iPhone to my computer

With new versions of IOS, new playlists created on my iPhone do not synch to my computer iTunes. It used to synch back and forth, creating a myriad of copies followed by 1, 2,3 etc. but I always synched both ways. What is the problem now. I created a "small list" of my favorite songs on my iPhone and using the iTunes backup etc it does not appear now on my computer.

thanks for your help

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 2:09 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2019 1:02 PM in response to smichaellutz

Hello smichaellutz,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that playlists created on your iPhone no longer sync to iTunes. You've come to the right place for help.

Do you have or did you previously have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription? The reason why I ask is that with music specifically, iTunes is designed to sync one way. This means that you can sync music from iTunes to your iPhone, however it does not support syncing music from the iPhone to iTunes:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you can however use iCloud Music Library to keep your music up to date across all of your devices. Turning on iCloud Music Library on both the iPhone and in iTunes would ensure that playlists you create on the iPhone are synced to iTunes and vice versa:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

Cheers!

iTunes not synching playlists from my iPhone to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.