Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL

My audio stopped working after installing the Mojave software update many weeks back and at the time when my audio stopped working, I tried some simple troubleshooting but nothing worked. Now I'm seriously trying to fix this issue and a fix that many people did was going to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL and deleting the InstantOn.driver. When I go to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins, there is only a Components folder, a digidesign folder, and a VST folder. All the folders are empty, in-fact, all audio folders are empty. Does anyone know how I can install the plug-in HAL so I can fix my audio or how I can fix my audio in-general?

Answers will be greatly appreciated :)

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 6:39 AM

Do you have or know of another Mac that is running Mojave, you could copy the contents of theLibrary/Audio/Plug-ins folder over to your Mac. Restart it and see if your audio now works.

Try downloading the Combo update and then installing it, it may resurrect your audio.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2010?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

If all else fails redownload the full Mojave installer and install over what you have got.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 6:39 AM in response to SebbydaKiNG101

Do you have or know of another Mac that is running Mojave, you could copy the contents of theLibrary/Audio/Plug-ins folder over to your Mac. Restart it and see if your audio now works.

Try downloading the Combo update and then installing it, it may resurrect your audio.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2010?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

If all else fails redownload the full Mojave installer and install over what you have got.

Missing Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.