Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to come out of padlock screen on macbook air 2017

It is macbook air 2017. I was trying to reset my account password through apple id but it went to recovery mode and showing padlock for firmware password. I do not remember my formware password bit I have another admin account that I can use to reset my account password. But now it is not allowing me to come out of padlock screen whenever i switch it off and switch it on again it always shows padlock screen. I so not know what to do now. Kindly help.

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 9:58 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 22, 2019 12:20 AM in response to Niel

Apple service center is quite far from my place and they will take atleast 2-3 days to come back. I would not get that much time. Is there any other way to get back to my login screen. Infact earlier when I would go to recovery mode. I will simply switch off my MacBook and switch it on again it was showing me logon screen only but this time it is showing padlock every time I put it on

Not able to come out of padlock screen on macbook air 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.