Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Google Chrome off my Notifications since it's on twice?

After I updated to High Sierra I see Google Chrome listed twice in my Notifications. Is this something to do with Notifications or Google. Is there a reason it's like that. Any advice from anyone would be helpful.

Thanks.

Also, I notice in Itunes since I updated to High Sierra I get a banner of the new song that's going to play in the top right corner. Is there a way to turn this off? I went in Notifications but iTunes is NOT listed there. Any help with that would be appreciated as well. Thanks all.

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 8:52 AM

Hello momluvstv,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that Google Chrome is listed 2 times in your Notifications and you would like to turn off the Up Next notification you are getting from iTunes. I recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode and/or in a new user account. This will help determine the cause of the issue. The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in both safe mode and in a new user account: 

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2019 8:52 AM in response to momluvstv

Hello momluvstv,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that Google Chrome is listed 2 times in your Notifications and you would like to turn off the Up Next notification you are getting from iTunes. I recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode and/or in a new user account. This will help determine the cause of the issue. The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in both safe mode and in a new user account: 

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Aug 28, 2019 3:19 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you for all the links you gave, very helpful. One thing you told me I found different from other Apple Techs. When I do a Safe Boot I’m usually told to hit more than just one key. I believe they have me hit Shift, Cmmnd plus R all at the same time. Is that true? I remember starting itup having to hold several keys at once u til the Apple appeared or right before it appeared.

How can I get Google Chrome off my Notifications since it's on twice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.