Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple id is not an email address - Issue with setting up Two-factor Authentication

After login to developer.apple.com with my apple id. The screens two-factor authentication appears. It is:

Your Apple ID needs to be updated.
Before you can continue, you’ll need to update the following information associated with your Apple ID (my email).
Two-factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication must be turned on for your Apple ID. After you turn it on, signing in to your developer account will require both your password and access to your trusted devices or trusted phone number.

To learn more, see the support page. If you have any questions, contact us.

I follow guidance to set up Two-factor authentication. I failed at steps login to iCloud with my apple Id

(Go to Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details > Security). I cannot continue going to Account Details.

So, how can I setup two-factor Authentication in this case?

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 6:27 AM

You are welcome.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 22, 2019 8:17 AM in response to nhan146

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. There have also been posts that if you delete an ID associated with the address, you can never reuse the address. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

If necessary, use the link you posted to contact support.

My apple id is not an email address - Issue with setting up Two-factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.