Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome does not have access to microphone

I can't use my microphone in chrome. Websites error, saying that chrome doesn't have access to it, and suggest turning it on in "Security & Privacy" section of system settings. But chrome (event after reinstall) never shows up in the list. My microphone works fine with siri and other desktop apps.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 2:00 AM

Thanks for answering!

Unfortunately I still wasn't able to resolve the issue. I've followed your steps and allowed a new website to access mic/camera, but after that Chrome still didn't show up in Security & Privacy list.

I tried reinstalling Chrome, and my system is up-to-date. Also I tried the same thing with Firefox and got the same issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 2:00 AM in response to GSTRIB5

Thanks for answering!

Unfortunately I still wasn't able to resolve the issue. I've followed your steps and allowed a new website to access mic/camera, but after that Chrome still didn't show up in Security & Privacy list.

I tried reinstalling Chrome, and my system is up-to-date. Also I tried the same thing with Firefox and got the same issue.

Aug 22, 2019 3:13 PM in response to dmytro211

Hello!

What you may have to due if force google chrome to request to access the microphone again by going to a site that needs microphone access. When you do this you see a pop up asking for permission and thus allow you to grant access to chrome to access your microphone. If you continue to have issues I would recommend that you ensure you are running the latest OS and you may try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome.

Let me know if this helps or if you have further questions!

(I attached the images below for reference)

Chrome does not have access to microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.