Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Delete App

I have this unwanted app, but when I click on it to delete it while clearing up space on my disk, it won't delete. It says it was never opened. So I tried to find it in Finder, and nothing showed up. What do I do?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 3:20 AM

What app is it, if it a macOS native app you cannot delete them. If it is third party app sometimes simply dragging it to the trash and emptying the trash is all you need to do. Some apps come with their own uninstaller apps so check to see if that is how this app needs to be uninstalled. All apps should be in your Applications folder. Most apps take up very little disk space so deleting them is hardly worth it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 3:20 AM in response to fairyswift13

What app is it, if it a macOS native app you cannot delete them. If it is third party app sometimes simply dragging it to the trash and emptying the trash is all you need to do. Some apps come with their own uninstaller apps so check to see if that is how this app needs to be uninstalled. All apps should be in your Applications folder. Most apps take up very little disk space so deleting them is hardly worth it.

Can't Delete App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.