Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad force touch gets is too sensitive randomly

My Macbook Pro 13 inch 2016 has One Force Touch :) which get too sensitive randomly so when I tap it reacts like force touch and it haptic feedback continue to click.. click ..click.

This behavior fucks my code work and when I tap in this situation it behaves like Three Finger Tap. I faced same few months back but then it was stoped with some restart but now I am facing again.

I have done NVRAM reset but no advantage.

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 9:31 AM

Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined. It is possible you have a failing trackpad or the battery may be starting to swell and pressing on the Trackpad. Apple has several free repair programs for the 2016+ laptops so you may qualify for one of them so it is worth getting the laptop examined.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 9:31 AM in response to Imran Iqbal

Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined. It is possible you have a failing trackpad or the battery may be starting to swell and pressing on the Trackpad. Apple has several free repair programs for the 2016+ laptops so you may qualify for one of them so it is worth getting the laptop examined.

Aug 26, 2019 7:12 AM in response to HWTech

Thanks for your advise. In our country Pakistan people avoid Apple's Authorized Dealers due to their process. Like I contacted Apple Authorized Dealer here today they told me a time frame of 4 Weeks Minimum to get it fixed and that does NOT include the Apple Approval process. If does not Approve then .....

We have heard good support from in USA, UK and EU.

Trackpad force touch gets is too sensitive randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.