Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad touch sensitivity issue

My macbook 's trackpad is less sensitive at the top right corner and it's edges as compared to the other sides and middle , although all gestures working well,

But interesting things is that when I continuosly use my laptop for 1hour and more it seems the sensitivity is normal ,but after booting up the device for certain periods of time the issue occured?

Is it really a serious problem or it is normal, nothing to worry about?

Please reply who knows it well.

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:45 PM

manjusri274 Said:

"Trackpad touch sensitivity issue: [...]interesting things is that when I continuosly use my laptop for 1hour and more it seems the sensitivity is normal ,but after booting up the device for certain periods of time the issue occured?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac TrackPad:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to macOS-Installed Macs only). Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

C. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator user? do you still get this error? If not, then it it like an issue with the configurations of the current user. If so, then it is an issue of the macOS, in which case, you'd need to reinstall it.

D. Restore from a Backup:

Any recent Backups?: If you backed up your Mac prior to updating it then, restore form it. Sometimes, an update can fail due to power issues, or losing connection to Apple's servers. So, know to always back up your Mac prior to making any major changes to it, successfully as au update. In doing so, you with have something to restore store your Mac from from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

E. Reinstalling the macOS:

Another option would be to reinstall the macOS. Perhaps an install was not 100% successful? Sometimes, when major changes are made to your Mac(i.e. update installations), system settings (i.e. for the fan) become manipulated, technically. So, when reinstalling, nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: Be certain you back up your Mac prior to the installation, as I mentioned in C.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 8:45 PM in response to manjusri274

manjusri274 Said:

"Trackpad touch sensitivity issue: [...]interesting things is that when I continuosly use my laptop for 1hour and more it seems the sensitivity is normal ,but after booting up the device for certain periods of time the issue occured?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac TrackPad:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to macOS-Installed Macs only). Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

C. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator user? do you still get this error? If not, then it it like an issue with the configurations of the current user. If so, then it is an issue of the macOS, in which case, you'd need to reinstall it.

D. Restore from a Backup:

Any recent Backups?: If you backed up your Mac prior to updating it then, restore form it. Sometimes, an update can fail due to power issues, or losing connection to Apple's servers. So, know to always back up your Mac prior to making any major changes to it, successfully as au update. In doing so, you with have something to restore store your Mac from from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

E. Reinstalling the macOS:

Another option would be to reinstall the macOS. Perhaps an install was not 100% successful? Sometimes, when major changes are made to your Mac(i.e. update installations), system settings (i.e. for the fan) become manipulated, technically. So, when reinstalling, nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: Be certain you back up your Mac prior to the installation, as I mentioned in C.

Trackpad touch sensitivity issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.