Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem about preview and finder

My MacBook air was normal at morning, but abnormal at night.

I can't open PDF by preview, and preview always not response.

When I open the folder, I need to wait a long time to see the file in the folder.

It takes me a long time to open the file like pages, number and keynote.

I have restarted my computer several times, use disk utility to fixed the disk, and open activity monitor to check whether the process or application slow down my computer, but the problem still unsolved.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 9:39 AM

Please download and run Etrecheck  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Page icon in your reply window.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 9:39 AM in response to 葉智海

Please download and run Etrecheck  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Page icon in your reply window.

Aug 23, 2019 5:56 PM in response to 葉智海

Yes, it looks a lot better! You can see how much faster you're running by the runtime differences in your Etrecheck report. 5:28 vs 3:06.

The only two files I still see are these:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mackeeper.MacKeeper.plugin.AntiTheft.daemon.plist

/Library/Application Support/MacKeeper/MacKeeperATd

So just go to your /Library/LaunchDaemons folder and delete com.mackeeper.MacKeeper.plugin.AntiTheft.daemon.plist

Then go to your /Library/Application Support folder and delete MacKeeper/MacKeeperATd.

(You may be asked to authenticate here because they are system files)

Also, you can clean up the files under "Clean Up" from within Etrecheck by using the CleanUp button.

Aug 23, 2019 10:10 AM in response to macjack

If without your help, I don't know how can I do now.

I can't thank you enough.

In the report, it's said this computer has multiple antivirus apps installed.

Yes, I have installed multiple antivirus apps before, but now only one antivirus apps in my machine.

Each time I changed to another antivirus apps, I will uninstalled the older one, then installed the newer antivirus app.

Aug 23, 2019 10:51 AM in response to 葉智海

Well, neither Avast or Kaspersky uninstalled completely. Especially Avast which is all over your Mac. You'll need to uninstall them as per the developers instructions. You may even need to re-download and install them to uninstall them.

https://support.avast.comhttps://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Not sure which Kaspersky you have but you can search for "Kaspersky uninstall Mac"

EDIT: You also have MacKeeper which as bad as malware. Uninstall that also.

No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system. Your Mac has all the built-in protection you need.

https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

It would be my best guess that this is the source of your issues.

After you uninstalled as much as possible. Post another Etrecheck report and we can go after anything left over and delete manually.

Aug 23, 2019 4:28 PM in response to macjack

Sorry that I too late to reply you because I go to sleep.

I uninstall Avast and remove Kaspersky by "Kaspersky uninstall Mac".

I have removed MacKeeper three years ago because I don't know that MacKeeper is a bad software at that time, so I have no ideal how to remove it now.

After I rebooted my computer, my computer become normal. It seems that the problem is solved.

Problem about preview and finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.