Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K not connecting to iTunes via Home Sharing

My Apple TV 4K just has been working perfectly until a problem occured yesterday. I have Home Sharing turned on in iTunes on my iMac, until yesterday that worked fine on the Apple TV. Now I get a message on the Apple TV that it will not connect on my AppleID.

The troubleshooting I have tried is:

• Turn off Home Sharing on computer, Quit iTunes, restart iTunes then turn on Home Sharing
  • Restart Apple TV
  • Reset NVRAM on computer
  • Restart in Safe Mode on computer

Note: I use a Google Mesh network that has a perfect connection. All other apps on the Apple TV seem to work fine.

None of the above works and I continue to not be able to access my iTunes library via Home Sharing. What additional troubleshooting can I try?

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 11:43 AM

Well I figured out the problem and it was a simple fix. We are having some remodeling done at home, while I was out the Electrician turned off the power and my computer shut down. When it restarted it logged onto our guest network instead of the primary network which the AppleTV is set for. Once I got the iMac on the correct network and corrected the setting to log onto the primary network first then the problem was solved. Something simple, one just has to be methodical when troubleshooting to check the basics and verify and then go onto the next step.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Well I figured out the problem and it was a simple fix. We are having some remodeling done at home, while I was out the Electrician turned off the power and my computer shut down. When it restarted it logged onto our guest network instead of the primary network which the AppleTV is set for. Once I got the iMac on the correct network and corrected the setting to log onto the primary network first then the problem was solved. Something simple, one just has to be methodical when troubleshooting to check the basics and verify and then go onto the next step.

Apple TV 4K not connecting to iTunes via Home Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.