Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing all past entries in Calendar

Hi, I noticed today that all my past entries in Calendar are missing. This includes the entries set for specific times and the all day events that I entered. There are some all day events left, but they are the automatic ones like public holidays.

I am using a MacBook Pro running Sierra. And I have the Apple Calendar synchronized with Google Calendar on my Samsung phone.

The entries still seem to be all there on Google Calendar. When I make a new entry on Apple's Calendar then it synchs to Google Calendar on my Samsung without a problem. And visa versa. And if I just move one of the entries in the Google Calendar it then shows up on Apple Calendar on the laptop.

However, just Refreshing either, or both of the Calendars does not have any effect.

As I side note, because I am travelling in remote areas, the other day GMail couldn't verify my sending address, so didn't allow some emails to go through and sent me an alert message. However, I verified that it was me and everything seemed to work again once I got into an area with better mobile coverage.

And as part of that Alert process, I was directed to a page saying I should remove access to some unsecure apps. In this process I did remove and old phone but nothing else, and I don't see why that should effect my Apple Calendar.

I make some entries on my phone in Google Calendar, but the bulk of the entries would have been made on the Macbook in Apple Calendar.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

John

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 5:15 PM

NB. The problem has fixed itself. Two days later and everything is back to normal.

I didn't check yesterday as I was travelling.

Not sure why the problem occurred in the first place. I had closed down and restarted Apple Calendar on the MacBook and when that didn't make any difference, restarted the computer. Still no difference. Maybe I needed to leave the computer off for a while and not just Restart it.

Apologies for wasting anyone's time. I would delete the post but can't see a way to do that.

Regards,

John

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 5:15 PM in response to jabber187

NB. The problem has fixed itself. Two days later and everything is back to normal.

I didn't check yesterday as I was travelling.

Not sure why the problem occurred in the first place. I had closed down and restarted Apple Calendar on the MacBook and when that didn't make any difference, restarted the computer. Still no difference. Maybe I needed to leave the computer off for a while and not just Restart it.

Apologies for wasting anyone's time. I would delete the post but can't see a way to do that.

Regards,

John

Losing all past entries in Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.