Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud/Calendar (desktop, iPhone) Sync Issues

As a final test with my issues before posting this, today I entered a calendar event in iCloud, and had it successfully sync with/appear on my desktop Calendar app and the Calendar app on my iPhone. The event is in a shared calendar; my partner also received this test event on his devices. So we have "downflow" FROM my iCloud Calendar.

However - despite everything working fine in the past, my desktop Calendar app no longer appears to have "upflow" to iCloud calendar. All events which previously appeared in iCloud Calendar and my iPhone Calendar (and my partner's) - those which are still on my desktop calendar - no longer do.

This issue has existed for a few months. Until I entered in the test event today, the iCloud calendar and iPhone calendar had gone completely blank, though my individual calendar names ARE still appearing on both.

I have ensured that all specified calendars have checkmarks on all devices; I have reassigned the default calendar on all devices; I've refreshed the calendars on my phone. Where I have had access too, I've set to "Push."

I am running Mojave on my desktop (due to third-party extension conflicts in Garageband, I can't update at this time.) Our iPhones are both up-to-date with system software. We have checked both of our Apple accounts/iCloud sign-in information; our devices all appear in our iCloud accounts.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. We rely primarily on our synced Google shared calendars; they show up in my desktop Calendar app. But we'd prefer to use Apple's Calendar moving forward, IF we can get it to work as it used to.

Could the Google sync be creating a conflict for the upflow from desktop to iCloud? This didn't seem to affect its operation in the past, and we haven't altered anything...

Is it because my desktop OS is not current?

Or are others experiencing similar issues?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 12:47 PM

I also have the same issue - calendar doesn't sync with my Mac, on Catalina. So OS version is not the reason.

I also already made all steps from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521, but nothing helped.

iCloud sync works well: all new entries, created on iPhone, iPad or iCloud, synced between them without problems. But they don't appears on my MacBook. If I create entry on Mac - it doesn't appears on iCloud and on mobile devices, so I think there is a problem with syncing between MacOS Calendar and iCloud.

I didn't find any error messages in logs, so I'll try the next option - call to Apple Support.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Stasia W.

I also have the same issue - calendar doesn't sync with my Mac, on Catalina. So OS version is not the reason.

I also already made all steps from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521, but nothing helped.

iCloud sync works well: all new entries, created on iPhone, iPad or iCloud, synced between them without problems. But they don't appears on my MacBook. If I create entry on Mac - it doesn't appears on iCloud and on mobile devices, so I think there is a problem with syncing between MacOS Calendar and iCloud.

I didn't find any error messages in logs, so I'll try the next option - call to Apple Support.

iCloud/Calendar (desktop, iPhone) Sync Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.