Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First Aid from Recovery

how can i run First Aid from Recovery? I have run first Aid in Disk Utility and it say

" First Aid found corruption that needs to be repaired. To repair the startup volume, run First Aid from Recovery. Click Done to continue."

How can I do this?

Thank you...

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 11:21 AM

You can boot into Recovery Mode using Command + R.

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201314

2 replies

Aug 24, 2019 12:16 PM in response to lawand13

That's the recommendation, but what it really means is that it's recommending using First Aid in Disk Utility that's not on the boot drive. It could be from recovery (which is a volume on the same drive but not the same partition), Internet Recovery (which loads recovery mode from the internet into main memory). Another way is to have a bootable external drive and running it from Disk Utility but on the internal (now non-boot) drive..

The other thing is that often using First Aid doesn't help if the issue is more serious than it can fix. I've seen a few cases where it recommended that and when I checked with First Aid it was complaining about the same types of errors and recommending running First Aid from Recovery again.

First Aid from Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.