Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The USB keyboard on my iMac iOS Mojave is working erratically. Pressing the s key or typing its name turns on I tunes. Pressing some keys doesn't work at all. Pressing some keys ad=d=s an equal= sign. Using dictation repeats twice.

The USB keyboard on my l=ate 2013 iMac iOS Mojave is working erratically. Pressing the s key or typing its name turns on I tunes. Pressing some keys doesn't work at all. Pressing some keys ad=d=s an equal= sign. Using dictation repeats twice. Is Mohave the problem?Is Mohave the problem?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 3:55 PM

Have you tried the keyboard in another USB port or another Mac?

Try resetting the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If the above doesn't help boot into Safe Mode and check the keyboard from there. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 3:55 PM in response to xPotatochip

Have you tried the keyboard in another USB port or another Mac?

Try resetting the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If the above doesn't help boot into Safe Mode and check the keyboard from there. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

The USB keyboard on my iMac iOS Mojave is working erratically. Pressing the s key or typing its name turns on I tunes. Pressing some keys doesn't work at all. Pressing some keys ad=d=s an equal= sign. Using dictation repeats twice.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.