Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud transferring

I recently lost an old iPhone XR. Two days before it was stolen it had a back up onto ICloud. How can I transfer my contacts from the stolen phone to my new phone.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 12:38 PM

If you were syncing contacts to iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, sign in with the same Apple ID, and turn contacts syncing on. Allow time for the sync to complete.

If you weren't syncing contacts to iCloud, restore from your backup. Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 12:38 PM in response to Skorone

If you were syncing contacts to iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, sign in with the same Apple ID, and turn contacts syncing on. Allow time for the sync to complete.

If you weren't syncing contacts to iCloud, restore from your backup. Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

iCloud transferring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.