Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with contacts

I previously had a 6Plus. I upgraded to an X. We have my old 6 to my niece, after I reset it completely. However, our contacts remain connected. If she changes a contact, it changes on my phone and vice versa. PLEASE help me stop this.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Remove the email account that has your Contacts stored in her iPhone

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Inneedofhelponthisstupidphone

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Remove the email account that has your Contacts stored in her iPhone

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Help with contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.