Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote for Mac

How do I make a presentation in Keynote and then Export to Movie/QuickTime before I share my presentation? My instructions to submit my presentation with audio (need to record audio within my presentation in Keynote), it must first be exported to Movie/QuickTime before I share my presentation to be graded as PowerPoint typically loses the audio.

Thank you!

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 4:11 PM

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie

Preparation - make these settings:

• Inspector > Document > Document:
  • in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal
  • in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the LCD display or projector

Sound 

place the sound files on each slide or in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio; 

Video

Add the video to the slide and adjust the position and size

other content

Add images, shapes, text, charts or tables to the respective slides

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

If Timings are set for each animation in Inspector > Animations, the default values of 5 and 2 are ignored in the export dialogue box and  the timings set on each side are 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 4:11 PM in response to MBASTEN

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie

Preparation - make these settings:

• Inspector > Document > Document:
  • in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal
  • in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the LCD display or projector

Sound 

place the sound files on each slide or in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio; 

Video

Add the video to the slide and adjust the position and size

other content

Add images, shapes, text, charts or tables to the respective slides

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

If Timings are set for each animation in Inspector > Animations, the default values of 5 and 2 are ignored in the export dialogue box and  the timings set on each side are 

Keynote for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.