Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some file titles in the Files app Recently Deleted folder can’t be purged.

I have several files in my Files app Recently Deleted folder that will not purge. I’ve tried Delete All and tried deleting each file individually, but they remain in the folder, although they can’t be viewed either. Attempting to view or delete the file, results in an error box that says, “file does not exist, yet the title is still there. Most of the time when I delete files, then attempt to clear the folder, they clear but there are about a dozen that won’t.

iPad Pro 11”

iOS 12.4

256 gb storage, 215 gb free

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:12 AM

Reboot your iPad and see if that clears things:

Press and quickly release volume up button

Then press and quickly release volume down button

Then press and keep holding the power button (keep holding past swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 25, 2019 1:19 PM in response to lobsterghost1

That worked, although it took two tries. The first try removed the original files, but placed several new ones in the folder. I deleted them, but four would not purge. I rebooted a second time and all files were gone. When this problem first presented itself several weeks ago, I tried a reboot, but not with the sequence you described. I didn’t know about your reboot sequence, but will use it for future quirks. Thanks very much for your help.

Some file titles in the Files app Recently Deleted folder can’t be purged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.