Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to make use of my Apple Music

I am trying to make use of the Apple Music that we subscribe to, and we can not navigate back to the menu that offers where you can sign up the multiple devices.

so far, only my husband is able to use his device with it.

I looked online and I was told to select 'iCloud' under the General tab, of the Apple Preferences.

But on getting into my screen for the preferences, my screen looks different to the instruction online, and there is no options for iCloud.

Please can anyone help?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 11:03 AM

An Apple Music Individual subscription can’t be shared. To share an Apple Music subscription, you need to set up a Family Sharing group, and get an Apple Music Family subscription. Apple Music can be used on up to 10 devices per Apple ID account, but can be played on one of them at a time. With Family Sharing, that goes for each of the group members and their accounts and devices.

To use Apple Music on a Mac (MacBook), sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID (menu Account), and activate in Preferences: Show Apple Music Features and iCloud Music Library. The access to the service is administrated through the Apple ID account of the users.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 11:03 AM in response to cazzy08

An Apple Music Individual subscription can’t be shared. To share an Apple Music subscription, you need to set up a Family Sharing group, and get an Apple Music Family subscription. Apple Music can be used on up to 10 devices per Apple ID account, but can be played on one of them at a time. With Family Sharing, that goes for each of the group members and their accounts and devices.

To use Apple Music on a Mac (MacBook), sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID (menu Account), and activate in Preferences: Show Apple Music Features and iCloud Music Library. The access to the service is administrated through the Apple ID account of the users.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Trying to make use of my Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.