Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retrieving deleted numbers doc

I thought I was deleting the downloaded version of doc but now spreadsheet is gone. Can't find in "recently deleted" or recent or on other devices. Any suggestions?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 1:59 PM

If it was stored locally, on your Mac, 'deleting it' actually just moves it to the Trash, and you should find it there.

If you have Time Machine (or another backup application) running, you should be able to enter Time Machine, select the folder to which you saved the file, and go back in time to just before you deleted the file, then recover it from there (or similar course of actions with a diferent backup system).

Regards,

Barry

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 1:59 PM in response to DenMom

If it was stored locally, on your Mac, 'deleting it' actually just moves it to the Trash, and you should find it there.

If you have Time Machine (or another backup application) running, you should be able to enter Time Machine, select the folder to which you saved the file, and go back in time to just before you deleted the file, then recover it from there (or similar course of actions with a diferent backup system).

Regards,

Barry

Aug 26, 2019 2:32 PM in response to Barry

Thanks, Barry. I emptied my trash...which seems to confirm what I thought...that I was deleting a locally saved version. But the original -- only used in the iCloud -- is gone. Not in "recently deleted" in iCloud settings. Really curious...and terrible...taxes, account numbers...all sorts of things I will not easily be able to recreate.

retrieving deleted numbers doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.