Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie versio 10.1.12 projects and all media to imovie version 10.1.6 ?? i cant upgrade 10.1.6 to newer versio

Any idea how to use newer iMovie version 10.1.12 data when having a older iMac and iMovie versio 10.1.6

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 7:57 AM

Unfortunately, iMovie versions are not backwards compatible. Projects in iMovie 10.1.12 cannot be played in 10.1.6. You can share out the 10.1.12 project and drag the shared out movie into 10.1.6. You can edit it there to a limited extent, i.e, add titles, cut and paste, split clips, delete segments, add new clips, add new effects, mute the music and add new music, but changing embedded titles, effects and transitions is difficult if you can't cut them out.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 7:57 AM in response to Velimatti

Unfortunately, iMovie versions are not backwards compatible. Projects in iMovie 10.1.12 cannot be played in 10.1.6. You can share out the 10.1.12 project and drag the shared out movie into 10.1.6. You can edit it there to a limited extent, i.e, add titles, cut and paste, split clips, delete segments, add new clips, add new effects, mute the music and add new music, but changing embedded titles, effects and transitions is difficult if you can't cut them out.

-- Rich

imovie versio 10.1.12 projects and all media to imovie version 10.1.6 ?? i cant upgrade 10.1.6 to newer versio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.