Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPhone 5s to iOS 12.4.1

My iPhone 5S has it’s home button not working suddenly (since about last week),so I am now using the assistive touch as an alternative virtual home button, my question is Will the assistive touch be gone (or settings will reset) after I update my iPhone 5S from iOS 12.4 to iOS 12.4.1? Because I’m afraid I won’t be able to open my phone after the update

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 6:38 AM

Hi Je-Sarez,

The update release is just one day so far, didn't see anyone reports that settings will got reset, honestly it's very early even to know if this would happen, but normally such updates never change your settings.

Make sure you have a good backup of your data before the update, it's a security batch any how.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 6:38 AM in response to Je_Sarez

Hi Je-Sarez,

The update release is just one day so far, didn't see anyone reports that settings will got reset, honestly it's very early even to know if this would happen, but normally such updates never change your settings.

Make sure you have a good backup of your data before the update, it's a security batch any how.

Updating iPhone 5s to iOS 12.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.