Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t log into my iMac because it is not connecting to my keyboard

How do I reconnect my keyboard from the login screen?

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 8:34 AM

What model iMac do you have? Which model and version of the keyboard do you have? Is it wired or wireless? If you have one of the Apple Wireless Keyboards that is recharged by connecting a USB to Lightning Cable to the port on the back of the keyboard then you simply need to connect the keyboard to your computer and make sure that the keyboard's power switch is turned on. This will connect the keyboard via USB and, if the keyboard isn't already paired for Bluetooth use it will take care of that too.

This Apple article will help you identify which keyboard you have:

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

This article will help with the setup of the current Apple Wireless Keyboard model:

Set up your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, and trackpad - Apple Support

And this article provides keyboard troubleshooting assistance:

If your Apple keyboard doesn't work - Apple Support:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 8:34 AM in response to anestis241

What model iMac do you have? Which model and version of the keyboard do you have? Is it wired or wireless? If you have one of the Apple Wireless Keyboards that is recharged by connecting a USB to Lightning Cable to the port on the back of the keyboard then you simply need to connect the keyboard to your computer and make sure that the keyboard's power switch is turned on. This will connect the keyboard via USB and, if the keyboard isn't already paired for Bluetooth use it will take care of that too.

This Apple article will help you identify which keyboard you have:

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

This article will help with the setup of the current Apple Wireless Keyboard model:

Set up your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, and trackpad - Apple Support

And this article provides keyboard troubleshooting assistance:

If your Apple keyboard doesn't work - Apple Support:

I can’t log into my iMac because it is not connecting to my keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.