Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard typiny wrong simbal //////////////// some it keep repeating. IMac wint wired keyboard

keyboard typing wrong letters /////////// sometime it keep repeating when i press the space bar appear imac

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 12:53 PM

What model iMac and keyboard do you have? Is it an Apple keyboard? Wired, or wireless? This article provides info about identifying Apple keyboards.

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

Is it possible that a liquid was inadvertently spilled in the keyboard recently by someone or something else (child, co-worker, cat, etc)? Liquid can cause this type of issue.

If you are able to, show the Keyboard Viewer virtual keyboard and check to see whether any of the keys on your keyboard are stuck on. If yes, you should try using a different keyboard, and obtain a replacement if the issue goes away.

In the screenshot below showing the Keyboard Viewer on my system the space bar is highlighted because it was being held down. Check yours for similar stuck keys.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 12:53 PM in response to Dreadie1

What model iMac and keyboard do you have? Is it an Apple keyboard? Wired, or wireless? This article provides info about identifying Apple keyboards.

How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad - Apple Support

Is it possible that a liquid was inadvertently spilled in the keyboard recently by someone or something else (child, co-worker, cat, etc)? Liquid can cause this type of issue.

If you are able to, show the Keyboard Viewer virtual keyboard and check to see whether any of the keys on your keyboard are stuck on. If yes, you should try using a different keyboard, and obtain a replacement if the issue goes away.

In the screenshot below showing the Keyboard Viewer on my system the space bar is highlighted because it was being held down. Check yours for similar stuck keys.

Keyboard typiny wrong simbal //////////////// some it keep repeating. IMac wint wired keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.