Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave stopped allowing to switching input sources in Apple programs

Hi,

Mojave (10.14.6) suddenly stopped allowing me to switch from one input source to another -be it manually by clicking the keyboard option at the menu bar or by hitting Option Space. It only happens on Apple programs like Calendar and Mail.

Anyone experiencing the same thing or knowing how to fix it?

Thanks!

Paul

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 7:49 AM

Thank you Tom and everybody.

What MacOS was preventing me to do was switching input sources -be it via a keyboard shortcut or manually at the menu bar with the mouse. It didn’t really matter which method or what was the keyboard combination exactly. The problem was the inability to switch input sources.

Since the input sources were reset the problem disappeared.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 7:49 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you Tom and everybody.

What MacOS was preventing me to do was switching input sources -be it via a keyboard shortcut or manually at the menu bar with the mouse. It didn’t really matter which method or what was the keyboard combination exactly. The problem was the inability to switch input sources.

Since the input sources were reset the problem disappeared.

Aug 27, 2019 2:10 PM in response to Paul_D100

What I am observing in Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) is the following:

• ⌘-Spacebar does cycle forward (not previous) on screen through the Input sources
  • ⌥⌘-Spacebar is inoperable, though claiming to select next input source
  • ⌃-Spacebar does show the Spotlight search bar on screen (this is a toggle to show/remove Spotlight panel)
  • ⌃⌥-Space bar launches the Finder search window, just as does ⌘-F in the Finder

Aug 28, 2019 1:58 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks VikingOSX.

Right, but that's not how the shortcuts work on my system. Nevertheless, the real problem, whatever the keyboard shortcuts are for cycling through input sources, is that you cannot change keyboards on Apple programs.

Today, I started my machine and my input sources were all gone. I added a new one (which is not the layout I was using as it was customized) and everything started working again. Strange, it appears it was a glitch or something with the OS. Who knows?

Thanks anyway,

Paul

Mojave stopped allowing to switching input sources in Apple programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.