Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedding a working hyperlink in a PDF using Mojave

I am trying to embed an active hyperlink into a pdf flyer. I am on Mojave 10.14.5 and the default PDF program is preview. I also have adobe acrobat reader. Neither program seems to have the ability to embed an active link on a pdf. Is there any way to do it? If I have to download a third party pdf editor, are there any recommendations? Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 1:23 PM

It cannot be achieved with a PDF reader. Apple abolished the link annotation feature from Preview in OS X Lion. You will now need a PDF editor to introduce a link in the PDF. The trials of these editors will put a watermark on your PDF as incentive to purchase them. Each of these product vendors have a free trial on their sites, and the first two are not subscription.

PDFpenPro 11 (uncertain if its lower priced PDFpen 11 can do links)

Master PDF Editor

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (if you already have that expensive subscription)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 1:23 PM in response to marvlfan

It cannot be achieved with a PDF reader. Apple abolished the link annotation feature from Preview in OS X Lion. You will now need a PDF editor to introduce a link in the PDF. The trials of these editors will put a watermark on your PDF as incentive to purchase them. Each of these product vendors have a free trial on their sites, and the first two are not subscription.

PDFpenPro 11 (uncertain if its lower priced PDFpen 11 can do links)

Master PDF Editor

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (if you already have that expensive subscription)

Embedding a working hyperlink in a PDF using Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.