Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows 10 - Parameter Incorrect

I had iTunes installed on my Dell XPS 15 laptop from the Microsoft store for a few weeks, and the app opened fine until now. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and I can install it fine, but when comes to opening the app, I all of a sudden can't do it anymore. I always get a message saying "The parameter is incorrect," accompanied with some file directory above it.

Any help would be appreciated. Here's a view only Google Doc of the error message I receive when I try to open it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wwkIH3X-cYRVD2L3bbawJdX5Q9NBxLUbM1EpVQUu-1I/edit?usp=sharing

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 6:28 PM

I imagine you need the most recent version for iOS 13:

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for tear down and rebuild advice.

tt2

Similar questions

9 replies

Sep 23, 2019 7:46 AM in response to JSmithJones

Sure, but I think you have to use the new version with iOS 13. If you're running Windows 10 you can install iTunes from the Microsoft Store or with the traditional set up file. One or other version might work best in your environment. The second link in my post above is to a user tip with advice on reinstalling iTunes. Running the old school installer as administrator while any third party anti-virus software is disabled may be a good line of attack.

tt2

Sep 23, 2019 12:18 PM in response to JSmithJones

You'll find links for the latest installers at the very bottom the user tip. Needs an overhaul but I cannot edit it without a major rewrite which will like make nonsense of existing references to it. To get the installer directly from Apple you can go the downloads page, scroll down to where it says Looking for other versions, click Windows, then scroll back up again for the download link.

tt2

iTunes on Windows 10 - Parameter Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.