Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Photos- batch change photos in numerical/sequential order

Hi There,

In Photos, is there a way to make a batch title change to a group of photos with the inclusion of numerical/sequential order? I can assign the same name for a batch via the info tab, but assigning the batch individual/distinguishing numbers in one move seems to have been removed when the switch was made from iPhoto to Photos. HELLLLLLPPPP!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 4:31 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2019 10:03 AM in response to TARK_4

Yes. You can use this user developed AppleScript to batch change the Title to selected text followed by a padded (i.e. 01, 00)1 sequential number: Batch Change Title to Text w/Padded Sequential Numbers. Then export the photos out of the library with the Title as the new file name.

The script compiled as an application can be downloaded from this tutorial site:  P01 - Applescripts from Photos’ User Tips Compiled as Applications.

Sep 3, 2019 8:44 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks Rich,

I'll try to export/ re-import idea for photo batches I need in sequential order. At the time, I had assigned the file name "JN" for a batch of photos and then uploaded them into Dropbox. Once uploaded, they had entirely different filenames and everything was out of order making it difficult to work with my client and make edits....

Maybe I need to export from Photos as you suggested rather than import photos via Dropbox from Photos?

I so wish the iPhoto sequential numbering feature was still available in Photos.

Thanks again.

In Photos- batch change photos in numerical/sequential order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.