Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to arrange/move photos in an order or sequence I prefer.

How to arrange/move photos in an order or sequence I prefer?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 4:34 PM

First you need to put them in a regular album that you create. Then you can manually click and drag them into any order you'd like. This screenshot shows which views have which sorting options:

2 replies

Sep 3, 2021 12:43 AM in response to Old Toad

Bear in mind - if you manually sort by dragging that arrangement is fragile. If you at any time sort by date or title, the order you've created will be lost, and will have to be re-done manually.

If you want a more permanent sorting, use an alphabetical title, then sort by title.

EG

Etc. You will need enough leading 0 so that you can number all the photos in the album (including any you might add in the future) without running out (It is an alphabetical sorting, not a numeric one)

Id suggest increasing the value in 10's so you can insert photos into the sequence if needed without having to re-title everything higher.

How to arrange/move photos in an order or sequence I prefer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.