Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a broken headphone jack out of my ipad?

So today I sat down on my bed and my headphones broke. All of the jack is in there I can see it, but nothing works. I tried Hot glue and melting a pen, etc. Any ideas?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 5:05 PM

Other than getting an out of warranty replacement, glue could make the situation worse and a drill could permanently damage the iPad and destroy the headphone jack. Neither are options I'd feel good about recommending someone do.

They may need to either live with this (not a good option as it would make listening to anything virtually impossible via the internal speakers or with headphones - except or course Bluetooth headphones). Or show it to Apple and see their options are.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 5:05 PM in response to QuickPost

Other than getting an out of warranty replacement, glue could make the situation worse and a drill could permanently damage the iPad and destroy the headphone jack. Neither are options I'd feel good about recommending someone do.

They may need to either live with this (not a good option as it would make listening to anything virtually impossible via the internal speakers or with headphones - except or course Bluetooth headphones). Or show it to Apple and see their options are.

Aug 30, 2019 4:46 PM in response to Lilin-Deneash

Bummer! I’ve not come across something like this happening. The first thing that comes to mind is using some Gorilla Glue to adhere something stiff to the metal piece. This is one of the strongest adhesives on the market and once the glue hardens it should allow you to pry that piece out. Something else that comes to mind would be to use a soldering iron to solder a piece of metal to the headphone jack which would let you pull it out. As a last resort you could use a drill to droll out the metal piece.

How do I get a broken headphone jack out of my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.