Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey. My friend’s Mac, now in recovery startup won’t let me select any of the 4 options. I wanted to try disk utility first. We streamed a movie last night and I somehow suspect that the issue has started from that.

I found the computer off and when I went to Turn it on it kept shutting down about three seconds into the startup. Now, in recovery mode it won’t let me select any of the 4 options.

I don’t have access to any of his original disks or his passwords so I was hoping just to try a disk repair, but I’m unable to select that option with the cursor, which can move about the screen but seems unable to click on any of the options.

What are my options?

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 8:07 PM

Try Safe Mode, as per > Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Hey. My friend’s Mac, now in recovery startup won’t let me select any of the 4 options. I wanted to try disk utility first. We streamed a movie last night and I somehow suspect that the issue has started from that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.