Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows. I enter it in the setup in the "advanced" manual setup box, and I've used various settings for the incoming and outgoing server settings that I have sourced from the web, none of them are working for me.

I've tried using the same password I do on my Apple devices also, and regenerating the password, and using "automatic setup" with the app specific password. I have a couple of Google email addresses, and a few mail.com email addresses which work fine with my windows mail setup. But the icloud account refuses to work, although I it worked briefly when I first set up the PC, but using a third party email client, and "sent" mail folders did not show up correctly.

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:05 PM

I rebooted the PC, and there were still no emails. And no responses to my question here.

So I went to bed, and six hours later, it is now working. The lesson being that changes to the email permissions for Apple iCloud mail can take a while to propagate through their servers, and the internet. (I'm in San Francisco BTW, the original iCloud servers were in Maiden, North Carolina. They are proposing building more/new ones in Iowa I see .)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 3:05 PM in response to Donald_Grahame

I rebooted the PC, and there were still no emails. And no responses to my question here.

So I went to bed, and six hours later, it is now working. The lesson being that changes to the email permissions for Apple iCloud mail can take a while to propagate through their servers, and the internet. (I'm in San Francisco BTW, the original iCloud servers were in Maiden, North Carolina. They are proposing building more/new ones in Iowa I see .)

I cannot get my icloud mail to work in windows 10 mail, and I DO have two factor authentication set up, and I entered the app specific password(s) in the icloud email setup in windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.