Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing pictures in Photos

I freaking hate the new Photos way to organize pics. Before all I had to do was upload the pics and it would allow me to rename the new event and that was it. Now I have upload the pics, create a new Album and then name and move the pictures into it.

Now I have double pictures in the library. Is this taking double the space in the Mac? This is horrible.

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:16 AM

No you don't have double the pictures. Just like iPhoto, in Photos, you have an Library. Every photo is in the Library. Images in Albums are simply referencing the image in the library. An image can be in hundreds of albums and use no extra disk space whatever.

As for a quick way to gather images into an album: After you import, go to the Import Smart Album. Select all the Pics you want. Then File -> New Album with Selection. It creates an album with the photos and even leaves the cursor in the correct place to name the Album for you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 11:16 AM in response to Leddah

No you don't have double the pictures. Just like iPhoto, in Photos, you have an Library. Every photo is in the Library. Images in Albums are simply referencing the image in the library. An image can be in hundreds of albums and use no extra disk space whatever.

As for a quick way to gather images into an album: After you import, go to the Import Smart Album. Select all the Pics you want. Then File -> New Album with Selection. It creates an album with the photos and even leaves the cursor in the correct place to name the Album for you.

Organizing pictures in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.