Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Albums and the photos in it completely?

I'm trying to sort out my photos on my Mac using the photos app. I have all my photos in their corresponding albums however when I try to remove an album completely I don't see an option to remove all the photos in it as well. Rather the photo will be visible in the library as it also says: "The items in this album will still be visible in your photo library and other albums that contain them."

I would like to remove the entire album with the photo completely because it will be hard to find all the photos individualy in the library. Is there a way to do that?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 11:18 PM

Unfortunately you can not delete an album with all photos in it in one step.

1. Open the album
  2. Select all photos in this album by using command + A or any other method
  3. Push command + delete, now all photos in this album will be deleted Attention: System will not ask you if you really want to delete them all!
  4. Delete the album

Ralf

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 11:18 PM in response to Aryan_m92

Unfortunately you can not delete an album with all photos in it in one step.

1. Open the album
  2. Select all photos in this album by using command + A or any other method
  3. Push command + delete, now all photos in this album will be deleted Attention: System will not ask you if you really want to delete them all!
  4. Delete the album

Ralf

How to delete Albums and the photos in it completely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.