Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the change to iTunes, is Apple making it so I will no longer be able to download my purchased audio books to my computer?

Is Apple going to take away my ability to store on - and play from my desktop, the audio books that I purchased from Audible ? Are they really going to use this change up to iTunes to tighten the belt yet again? I have a large expensive collection of audio book files that I purchased and collected over the years - I can play them with my current iTunes, but when Music replaces iTunes - I will no longer have access to the files, and Apple's Books app does not have anything set up to allow for import of my audio files from what I can see right now - please say I'm wrong Apple!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 2:03 PM

See the following from About the upcoming changes with iTunes on Mac - Apple Support

• Audiobooks that you purchased from iTunes will now be in the updated Apple Books app.
  • Use the Apple Books app for Mac for future audiobook purchases.

1 reply

With the change to iTunes, is Apple making it so I will no longer be able to download my purchased audio books to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.