Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contact phone numbers changed format, displays "Maybe:"

My iPhone contacts all changed format for some reason and now known, already existing contacts in my phone appear as "Maybe: (contact's name)". The phone numbers no longer appear as +1 (123) 456-7890, but as 4567890. If I manually edit the contact number back to the correct U.S. format it works fine. But is there a solution to fix all contacts at once instead of going one by one? My region is already set to U.S. I tried changing to another country and then back to U.S. as some others have recommended but that didn't work. Neither has multiple phone reboots. My iPhone 8 is on the latest iOS 12.4.1.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 2:52 PM

You can disable this feature, if you want, by:

1. Go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Under Contacts > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  3. Under Calendar > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  4. Under Mail > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 2:52 PM in response to answerthis1

You can disable this feature, if you want, by:

1. Go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Under Contacts > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  3. Under Calendar > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  4. Under Mail > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position

iPhone contact phone numbers changed format, displays "Maybe:"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.