Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the volume so off on Apple TV gen 4?

I have a Gen 4 Apple TV that is consistently off on Audio. From all other devices one must set the volume 30% higher. Basically sucks.

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 6:52 AM

The issue I have is the same as the other 100’s of people that ask “why is the AppleTv volume so far off of every other electronic device we own?”

I have ave the Apple TV set up exactly as advertised or instructed. HDMI to HDMI input on a 4K Dolby Atmos DENON receiver. The Apple TV knows it is connected, I see the Dolby Atmos symbol on programming that has it native. My SONY DVD player, Xfinity X1 box, or IPhone streaming through DENON HEOS volumes are very consistent with respect to dB levels. We are usually between -45db and -35db for all programming without having the sound “too loud” in our area. Using the Apple TV we consistently have to go to -20 to -12db for the same level of perceived sound.

SO back to mine and 100s of others gripes on the volume of the Apple TV being way off, what is the fix? I don’t think its been addressed yet, and is not solved.

Best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 6:52 AM in response to rkaufmann87

The issue I have is the same as the other 100’s of people that ask “why is the AppleTv volume so far off of every other electronic device we own?”

I have ave the Apple TV set up exactly as advertised or instructed. HDMI to HDMI input on a 4K Dolby Atmos DENON receiver. The Apple TV knows it is connected, I see the Dolby Atmos symbol on programming that has it native. My SONY DVD player, Xfinity X1 box, or IPhone streaming through DENON HEOS volumes are very consistent with respect to dB levels. We are usually between -45db and -35db for all programming without having the sound “too loud” in our area. Using the Apple TV we consistently have to go to -20 to -12db for the same level of perceived sound.

SO back to mine and 100s of others gripes on the volume of the Apple TV being way off, what is the fix? I don’t think its been addressed yet, and is not solved.

Best.

Why is the volume so off on Apple TV gen 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.