Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV volume issue on iPhone

Hi, I have Apple TV 4th gen and have been using my iPhone 7 to adjust volume. Just received my iPhone SE and I am unable to have the volume work consistently. It worked this morning and two hours later isn’t working. Just a little confusing!

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:56 AM

Yes, it can be sometimes. In this case it would come down to the fact that the physical remote uses IR for volume and the phone can only use HDMI CEC, and in order to control via CEC it needs the direct connection. Merry Christmas to you as well.

5 replies

Dec 9, 2020 10:20 AM in response to ChristinaLS

In order to use the iPhone for volume it requires one to use a receiver that supports HDMI CEC and Apple TV to be connected directly to it. If there is an issue it would come down to the implementation of the protocol from the receiver. Check for any firmware update, refer to manual for troubleshooting and contact the manufacturer if necessary.

Apple TV volume issue on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.