Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri-Read Messages require unlocking

I have the settings in Siri to read when locked and accessibility set with all on also.

Still I can’t get messages read unless I unlock my phone. This is not safe - I need a resolution.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 8:16 PM

That allow Siri when locked is not for Siri to read. However, with the settings you have, I believe Siri should be able to read your messages. I cannot test mine right now, it is too late at night for me to get any messages. I can test it again tomorrow and respond, or you can wait for someone else to respond.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 8:16 PM in response to SuesRomeo

That allow Siri when locked is not for Siri to read. However, with the settings you have, I believe Siri should be able to read your messages. I cannot test mine right now, it is too late at night for me to get any messages. I can test it again tomorrow and respond, or you can wait for someone else to respond.

Sep 1, 2019 8:07 PM in response to SuesRomeo

What other posts are you referring to? If you go to Settings>Notifications>Messages, do you have Show Previews turned on? I believe it has to be set to Always for you to be able to allow Siri to read Messages.

What setting are you referring to when you say you have Siri set to read when locked? The only Siri setting I find in Accessibility is about voice feedback.

Siri-Read Messages require unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.