You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books.app on computer

I have a pal running Yosemite on his MB Pro and he tells me he does not have the Apple Books.app and that when he goes to the App Store and searches, it does not appear.

I have searched far and wide for how he could d/l the app and came up empty handed.

Is there indeed any way to get this Apple-provided, free application onto his 2013 MB Pro running Yosemite?

Many thanks

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 3:19 PM

There is not a separate download, as the Apple Books app is part of the operating system, and iBooks.app is part of Yosemite.

Pretty much any Mac that can run Yosemite 10.10 can also upgrade to El Capitan 10.11, and can variously upgrade (directly) to High Sierra 10.13 or to Mojave 10.14, depending on which particular Mac.

Rather than trying to resolve whatever happened here, get a backup or two, check your apps, check that your printer and acanner vendors have drivers, and upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 2, 2019 3:19 PM in response to Room101A

There is not a separate download, as the Apple Books app is part of the operating system, and iBooks.app is part of Yosemite.

Pretty much any Mac that can run Yosemite 10.10 can also upgrade to El Capitan 10.11, and can variously upgrade (directly) to High Sierra 10.13 or to Mojave 10.14, depending on which particular Mac.

Rather than trying to resolve whatever happened here, get a backup or two, check your apps, check that your printer and acanner vendors have drivers, and upgrade.

books.app on computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.