Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 Can't Sign in to iCloud??

Hi

I'd been having a few issues with my Apple TV 2 so I reset it, I'm now having issues signing into iCloud.

I can sign into the iTunes Store no problem with my Apple ID on the Apple TV 2, when I try to sign in with the same details to iCloud I get a message saying:

The account name or password are incorrect. Please try again.

My details are correct, also when trying to sign in I get a six digit code as part of Two factor Authentication on my iPhone. Nowhere pops up on the Apple TV 2 to enter the six digit code.

I've been to the Apple Support Pages and it seems that I can't turn off Two factor Authentication.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Kind Regards

Barry McKelvey

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 11:36 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Barry!

I understand you're unable to sign in with your Apple ID to your Apple TV, I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use these steps to sign in: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 11:36 AM in response to BarryMcKelvey

I understand you're unable to sign in with your Apple ID to your Apple TV, I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Enjoy your day!

Sep 3, 2019 12:02 PM in response to CarlAVII

Allen A wrote:

Enjoy your day!

Hi

Thanks

Barry :-)

Apple TV 2 Can't Sign in to iCloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.