Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2nd Generation Sign in Problems

I have a 2nd generation Apple TV (I think - Model MC572B/A). I am unable to sign into it using my iCloud username and password I know the username and password are correct, I have used them to sign in successfully to the Apple TV app on my MacBook.

I get a message saying "unable to sign in. The account name or password was incorrect. Please try again. For more information go to http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/."

I also receive the 2FA message on my phone and Mac warning me that my Apple ID is being used to sing into a new device and giving me a code to enter following my password into the password field on my Apple TV. I have tried to enter this code following my password and still receive a message saying that the account name or password is incorrect

For information my iCloud account is full but I am not planning on upgrading it. I just have not worked out how to delete photos from it yet.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:55 PM

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Smudgasmith

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

Apple TV 2nd Generation Sign in Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.