Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch screen replacement

I have just read about the free Apple Watch screen replacement for Apple Watch Series 2, I had the problem with the cracked screen as shown on Apple site, I had to remove the screen completely because my son cut his finger whilst picking it up. My question is will Apple still repair it even though the screw is removed? Thanks in advance.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 7:04 AM

This is the program....https://support.apple.com/screen-replacement-program-apple-watch-series-2-3

Whether or not Apple will approve the repair with a missing screw is something you will have to ask . I would bring it to an Apple Store and see what they have to say.

2 replies

Sep 6, 2019 8:50 AM in response to ellis245

Good luck. The screen on my Series 3 cracked/popped off a few months back. It actually still worked and because I assumed (logically) that Apple would just consider it an out of warranty repair, I opted to throw a little crazy glue around the crack under the hopes it would get me by until the Series 5 was released. Then the replacement program is announced (essentially Apple acknowledging that there was a design flaw with the noted models) and I take my watch in to Apple who sends it off, only to send me a note a couple of days later saying they can't/won't honor the replacement commitment because of the glue. So, despite the fact it is obvious that the initial issue with the watch is related to the cracking screen issue, Apple is telling me it's my fault that the watch is damaged. So the long and the short of it is, I expect Apple is going to look for any and all excuses to avoid taking responsibility for actually addressing the issue. Very poor and disappointing customer service and support, not to mention a lack of accountability regarding their quality control. Note that this is coming from a long-time fan, user, and advocate of Apple products.

Apple Watch screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.