Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 plus water damage ?

i submerged the camera top side of my phone into a pool whilst on holiday in spain since the website says this phone is water proof. I’ve had it for a year and never tried it because i was way too scared to. Now my silent button won’t come up on my screen when i turn it on and off and my home button makes a dodgy noise when i press it. Can someone help please? i can’t even find how to turn the home button noise off

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 6:30 AM

No. It doesn't say it's waterproof. The depth/time figures refer to laboratory testing under controlled conditions.

Read this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 3, 2019 5:59 AM in response to KiltedTim

No this is exactly what the website says “Rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 metre up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529“

so clearly it says it’s water proof of up to a meter and for the duration of 30 minutes and that should be honoured.

Since it has stopped making the funny sound now I will leave this thread be. Looks like it just needed to dry out.

iphone 8 plus water damage ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.