Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy a MacBook Pro and be 100% sure I am buying a real MacBook?

Hi, how to buy MCB PRO and be 100% sure Iam buyng real MCB?

I already check serial number on checkcoverage.apple.com :

date of purchase is OK

warranty repair is OK

but price is really low so I´am worried

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 3:05 PM

That's a good idea.

If you are buying a previously owned MacBook Pro, the same caveats apply to it as anything on the used market.

There are some reputable sellers of used Macs at good prices, but the overwhelming majority of them don't prepare them properly for sale, leaving the buyer frustrated, and sometimes out of money, with no recourse.

Dealing in used Macs is best left to very experienced Mac users, for a number of reasons.

If you want to save a few dollars, shop Apple's Refurbished and Clearance page. They will be indistinguishable from new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 3:05 PM in response to MartinPlecity

That's a good idea.

If you are buying a previously owned MacBook Pro, the same caveats apply to it as anything on the used market.

There are some reputable sellers of used Macs at good prices, but the overwhelming majority of them don't prepare them properly for sale, leaving the buyer frustrated, and sometimes out of money, with no recourse.

Dealing in used Macs is best left to very experienced Mac users, for a number of reasons.

If you want to save a few dollars, shop Apple's Refurbished and Clearance page. They will be indistinguishable from new.

How to buy a MacBook Pro and be 100% sure I am buying a real MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.