Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloudDrive cannot be opened because of a problem

Over the past few Mojave updates I have begun to get this error message after boot up.

Everything seems to be working fine afterwards but I would like to know what is causing this issue.

Any ideas would be gladly received.

I have pasted the content of the error message here:

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLookThumbnailing.framework/Versions/A/QuickLookThumbnailing

Referenced from: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCloudDrive.framework/PlugIns/iCloudDrive.appex/Contents/MacOS/iCloudDrive

Reason: image not found

Binary Images:

0x100280000 - 0x100283ffb +iCloudDrive (29.1) <3EB194F8-F4FC-3A07-9734-13C2B7B58C9B> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCloudDrive.framework/PlugIns/iCloudDrive.appex/Contents/MacOS/iCloudDrive

0x10b788000 - 0x10b7f270f dyld (655.1.1) <DFC3C4AF-6F97-3B34-B18D-7DCB23F2A83A> /usr/lib/dyld

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 6:06 PM

I was getting the same error; it seems to have been due to an Xcode update in the last couple of months. I have a directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk dated June 2. I never installed the Catalina beta, but Xcode often includes SDKs for new OS versions before the OSes are actually released, and /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools is managed by Xcode.

The problem appears to have been solved by running Xcode (which I hadn't done in quite some time). It told me it needed to update some components. After it finished I rebooted and didn't get the error.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 6:06 PM in response to nixwiz

I was getting the same error; it seems to have been due to an Xcode update in the last couple of months. I have a directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk dated June 2. I never installed the Catalina beta, but Xcode often includes SDKs for new OS versions before the OSes are actually released, and /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools is managed by Xcode.

The problem appears to have been solved by running Xcode (which I hadn't done in quite some time). It told me it needed to update some components. After it finished I rebooted and didn't get the error.

Sep 29, 2019 1:38 AM in response to damianco

Same thing happened to me. Is this a thing to worry or any way to fix this?

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLookThumbnailing.framework/Versions/A/QuickLookThumbnailing
  Referenced from: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCloudDrive.framework/PlugIns/iCloudDrive.appex/Contents/MacOS/iCloudDrive
  Reason: image not found

iCloudDrive cannot be opened because of a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.