Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail - Gmail just goes back to 3/2019 I want to see older email also

Apple Mail - Gmail just goes back to 3/2019 I want to see older email also...

Btw: the older mail is on gmail at website...

Q: How Can I set apple mail to look back farther like 1 year or so?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 8:20 AM

Hello!

Upon initially reading this post I thought there was an option to choose how far back you wanted to sync emails however, upon further review I don't see any such option in the Apple Mail application. Personally I use Gmail and having no issues syncing older emails. I would recommend you ensure that you have enough space on your computer for the older emails. I would also try to remove the account and then add it back and see if the older email sync.

I am going to continue to research this topic.

Let me know if this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 8:20 AM in response to revDAVE

Hello!

Upon initially reading this post I thought there was an option to choose how far back you wanted to sync emails however, upon further review I don't see any such option in the Apple Mail application. Personally I use Gmail and having no issues syncing older emails. I would recommend you ensure that you have enough space on your computer for the older emails. I would also try to remove the account and then add it back and see if the older email sync.

I am going to continue to research this topic.

Let me know if this helps!

Apple Mail - Gmail just goes back to 3/2019 I want to see older email also

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.