Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail folder in Mail on iMac not in iPhone Mail

I restored a deleted Mail folder on my iMac using Time Machine, but it did not restore in Mail on my iPhone. All other aspects of Mail match across the devices, just not this one restored folder. How do I get the folder to show on iPhone Mail?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 11:19 AM

If your email account is an IMAP email account, that folder should sync to the phone without any further action from you. If that folder was an “on my Mac” folder, those do not transfer to an iOS device. Those folders are for local storage on the Mac itself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 11:19 AM in response to jennene

If your email account is an IMAP email account, that folder should sync to the phone without any further action from you. If that folder was an “on my Mac” folder, those do not transfer to an iOS device. Those folders are for local storage on the Mac itself.

Mail folder in Mail on iMac not in iPhone Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.